Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Participants may enter by submitting the online entry form, using the link provided by Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory via direct email or social media. Eligible participants will be required to provide their name, phone number and email address to complete their entry. Illegible, incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible.
2. The promoter is Board of the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory ABN 22 932 713 682 19 Conacher Street, The Gardens.
3. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia. Limit one entry per person.
4. The promotion opens at 10am on 15 April 2023 and ends at 4pm ACST on Sunday 25 June 2023.
5. The draw for the winner will be facilitated by Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory . The draw for the winner will take place on Tuesday 27 June 2023 and the winner will be notified on Wednesday 28 June 2023. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian
7. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
8. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
9. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
10. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
11. Employees and their immediate families of Oroton, Art Gallery of New South Wales and the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
12. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winner via phone within two weeks of the prize draw. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after three attempts, an alternate winner will be drawn.
13. It is a condition of entry that the winner agrees to the publication of their name and state on the website (https://www.magnt.net.au/archie100) which will occur within seven days of the prize draw.
14. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
15. There will be one (1) prize of AUD $1000, in the form of a voucher redeemable in product at an Oroton store or online.
16. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
17. All personal information submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner consistent with promoter’s privacy statement reproduced below.
Art Gallery of NSW privacy statement
The Art Gallery of NSW is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information, in accordance with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
This statement outlines how we handle the personal information of our visitors, customers and others who engage with us.
Collecting personal information
Your personal information may be collected during various interactions with us, including in person at the Gallery or Brett Whiteley Studio, via online/digital/electronic media or through our authorised agents and partners.
Your personal information may be collected as part of:
our activities in selecting, acquiring, maintaining, exhibiting, interpreting and promoting art; for example, from the creators, owners and lenders of works of art, or from speakers and performers, or from visitors to our exhibitions or participants in our programs and from our sponsors;
our commercial operations, such as retail services and venue hire; and
our legal and governance responsibilities; for example, if there is an on-site accident.
We may collect personal information from you when you: visit the Gallery, Brett Whiteley Studio or our off-site storage facilities; use our websites or one of our other digital platforms; make a booking; purchase an item from our shops; make a donation; enter a competition; apply for a scholarship or internship; complete a survey; register to receive our newsletters or other communications; make an enquiry or give feedback; become a member of the Art Gallery Society of NSW, Art Gallery of NSW Foundation, a benefactor group or another group we organise; sponsor us or an event; or request another service from us.
In some circumstances, we may collect information about you from third parties authorised to act on your behalf. For example, if a parent/guardian enters a competition on behalf of a child, or a gallery/agent does so on behalf of an artist, or if a relative or friend provides your information to us in relation to a gift or booking they make.
We may also collect information from:
associated entities such as the Art Gallery of NSW Foundation, VisAsia, Brett Whiteley Foundation and Art Gallery Society of NSW;
our service providers who collect personal information for us (such as those selling tickets for exhibitions and events, or for undertaking research and analysis); and
Purposes for which personal information may be collected, held and used
We may collect and use your personal information for activities such as: providing and administering goods and services; processing and managing a transaction such as your donation or your purchase of a Gallery Shop item; processing and managing a booking; administering a promotion or competition; administering a prize or scholarship program; managing your membership of a Gallery organisation or your sponsorship of the Gallery or an event; responding to your enquiry or request; sending marketing communications; undertaking a survey; tailoring a service to meet your needs; and ensuring the security and safety of the Gallery, our buildings, people, visitors and the art.
We will ask for information that is relevant to these activities. In some circumstances, providing information will be optional and we will require only the information that is necessary for us to provide a specific function or service. In other circumstances, if you do not provide the required information with respect to a particular activity, you may not be able to complete your transaction with us, we may not be able to communicate with you or we may be prevented from providing you with the appropriate service.
We may use the information we collect for analysis to help us better understand the people we interact with, individually and collectively, for planning and development purposes.
We may provide marketing communications and targeted advertising to you about events, sponsorship or donation opportunities and other services and product that we think may be of interest to you. We may do this by electronic messages (eg email), online (including websites and mobile apps), by mail and other means, unless or until you opt out or we are subject to legal restrictions.
We use email newsletters to notify subscribers of events or opportunities. You must register for this service.
The type of information we collect
The personal information we collect and hold may include: your title, name, email address(es), phone number(s), country of residence, postcode, address(es), gender, marital status, date of birth, place of work, position, educational institution (if you are a student), and credit/debit card information (if involved in a financial transaction).
We may also record details of your interactions with us such as the nature of your donation/gift, participation in particular programs, entries into competitions and prizes, and applications for scholarships or internships.
We may collect and hold other sensitive information about you such as your health or racial/ethnic background to provide access assistance or a tailored program (such as our programs for visitors with disability or dementia or community-focused programs), or to ensure your health and safety during your visit. If you do not provide this information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the appropriate service or assistance.
There are security cameras and closed circuit television at and around the Gallery and associated sites such as the Brett Whiteley Studio and our storage facilities, and you may be filmed while you are on these sites.
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties
In addition to any information required to be disclosed by law, in some instances we may disclose your personal information to associated entities such as Art Gallery of NSW Foundation, VisAsia, Brett Whiteley Foundation and Art Gallery Society of NSW as required for our operations or to our service providers and other third-party suppliers so they can provide services and products to us.
We may also disclose your personal information to market research agencies, who may contact you in a similar manner to conduct market research in relation to events and our other services, products and related matters (unless or until you tell us not to).
We may also share with certain media agencies, publishers and partners, such as Facebook, Google and Twitter, anonymous unique identifiers ('hashed data’) allocated to you. This identifier may be associated with information collected when you engage with us, for example by subscribing to our e-newsletters, visiting our websites or digital platforms, using our approved agencies, buying a ticket, making a booking, or calling, emailing, faxing or mailing us. This is so that we can together provide you with customised content when you visit certain websites and provide other visitors to those websites with customised advertising.
Storage and security
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we receive. Information relevant to our activities may be retained and stored in an appropriately secure format in accordance with our obligations under the State Records Act.
Our website uses an encryption technology called SSL to protect any personal information that you provide, including credit card or other payment account details. While every effort is made to secure information transmitted to our website over the internet, there is a possibility that this information could be accessed by a third party while in transit. No card details are captured or stored by our website.
Using our websites and digital platforms
Our service provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information: IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it; top-level of your domain name (for example .com); address of your server; date and time of your visit to the site; pages accessed and documents downloaded; previous site visited; and type of browser and operating system you have used. The information is used only for statistical analysis and systems administration purposes. No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except if required by law.
In many cases, the tools used on our website record information in a way that does not identify you as an individual. In other cases, information may be personal information in which case this privacy statement and our obligations under the Privacy Act will apply. For example, our website includes several online forms for specific activities including contact forms, education visit booking forms, reference enquiry forms and competition forms. The personal information you provide through these is only collected and used for the specified purpose.
There are some interactive functions of our website (such as Art Sets) that require you to set up a user account with your name and email address. This information is not used for any purpose other than providing the prescribed functionality, and will not be combined with any other data to identify individual user activity on the site other than for system administration purposes.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any of the websites to which we link.
Accessing or correcting your information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you know we hold your personal information and you wish to correct or update some of your details, or wish to opt out of receiving communications, we recommend contacting us.
For members of the Gallery/Society: email email@example.com or call 02 9225 1878 or visit the members lounge.
For members of the Art Gallery of NSW Foundation or other benefactor groups: email firstname.lastname@example.org
For all others: email email@example.com
An unsubscribe option is included in all e-newsletters we send.
Requests to access or correct personal information, questions or complaints can also be directed in writing to the Privacy Contact Officer, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Art Gallery Road, The Domain, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia.
Changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement may change from time to time. This statement was last updated 10 July 2017.